Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cite BEACON in my publications?
- List “BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action” as one of your affiliations
- Put the following text in your Acknowledgments: “This material is based in part upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Cooperative Agreement No. DBI-0939454. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.”
What is BEACON’s NSF grant number?
- Cooperative Agreement No. DBI-0939454
How do I apply for BEACON funding?
- BEACON members may apply for funding in the annual budget request process in the spring of each year. For more information, log in to the intranet and select “Projects” in the top menu bar. An overview and application instructions are available at the top of the page, and previous funded projects can be viewed there.
How do I become a member of BEACON?
- Faculty members: Instructions for becoming a Faculty Affiliate are here.
- Students: if you are collaborating with a BEACON Faculty Affiliate on evolution in action, you are eligible for membership. Please contact the Managing Director for more information.
How do I get publicity for my new BEACON-related publication?
- Contact the Managing Director ASAP! We can help you get the word out through press releases and our contacts at NSF.
How do I get on the BEACON email list?
- Just ask! You can email the Managing Director.
Do you have other questions that aren’t listed here? Please contact the Managing Director, Danielle Whittaker, at djwhitta at msu dot com.